Quinta D' Aguieira
We like stories
Quinta d’Aguieira is a place with history, whose walls are imprinted with memories.
The existence of this “noble house” dates back to the 18th century. In 1724, there was already a noble house, known today as Quinta d’Aguieira.
Integrated in the Quinta, the chapel of devotion to Nossa Senhora do Bom Despacho was erected, by its owner João Gomes Martins, in 1735. This chapel as well as the Casa de Aguieira would belong, in the 19th century, to the viscount of Aguieira, Joaquim Álvaro Teles de Figueiredo Pacheco.
Joaquim Álvaro Telles de Figueiredo Pacheco
Becomes owner of Quinta d’Aguieira
Viscount of Aguieira’s nephew inherits the propriety.
Manuel Homem de Mello Câmara.
Inherits by will Quinta d’Aguieira
The quality of the wines produced at Quinta d’Aguieira is nationally acclaimed and referred in the press.
After the death of the first Count of Águeda, Quinta d'Aguieira would be the object of several acquisitions.
Belonging to the fourth generation founder of Aveleda, Luís and António Guedes fall in love with Quinta d’Aguieira.
Located in Valongo do Vouga, in the municipality of Águeda, at the northern end of the demarcated region of Bairrada, Quinta d’Aguieira features an incredible mosaic of micro-terroirs, painted over its 21 hectares.
The quality and longevity of the wines produced in this quinta were already the subject of news in the first quarter of the 20th century: «…vinho Aguieira que é sem favor e sem reclamo dos nossos melhores vinhos de meza, já hoje, para honra dos nossos vinhos, de fama mundial.»
“… Aguieira wine is, today, without a favor nor doubt, one of our best table wines, honoring our wines, widely renowned around the world”.
It was in this environment that, in 1997, Luís and António Guedes, the fourth founder generation of Aveleda, acquired this property.
Thus, was born the dream of developing, in this estate, a singular project, designed with time.
Luís and António Guedes, the fourth generation founder of Aveleda, fell in love with this Quinta in 1997.
Thus the dream of creating a range of unique wines, designed with time, was born at Quinta d’Aguieira.